Morning with the
Toronto Symphony Orchestra
Rae and Perry Dellio Fund
Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee
High school music students and their teachers attend morning rehearsals in Roy Thomson Hall to observe the orchestra's final preparations before a concert. This is a unique learning experience for students to listen and learn from professional musicians. Students will be seated in the choir loft (directly above and around the musicians) for most of these rehearsals, in order to derive the maximum benefit from this experience.
Teachers receive programme notes in advance in order to prepare the students for their visit to the symphony. A member of the Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee meets the students half an hour before the rehearsal begins to discuss the programme, soloist, guest conductor and various aspects of the hall. During the rehearsal break, a TSO musician or guest artist speaks with the students, answering their many questions regarding the music, rehearsal technique, or even life as a professional musician. This programme is available to high school music classes only and is free of charge.
To sign up for Morning with the TSO:
- Download the 2014/2015 Open Rehearsal Schedule to view available dates
- The PDF of 2014/2015 dates will be updated as rehearsal dates fill up
- Dates marked as “OPEN” have space for two classes to book
- Dates marked as “OPEN- One space Available” have space for one class to book
- Dates marked as “FULL” are no longer available to be booked
- Download the 2014/2015 Booking Form (Fill-able Form)
- Please fill out the booking form on your computer and save a copy
- Please email your completed booking form to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Rachel Robbins at 416.593.7769 ext 372, email@example.com.